Every tenant is personally responsible for paying their rent. The rent must be paid in advance by the 5th of each month with a personal rent payment form provided by PSOAS. The amount of rent is based on the location and age, size and standard of the equipment in the apartment. In all of our apartments heating, usage of laundry and sauna, water and Internet fees are included in the rent. Other fees, such as parking space are charged in connection with the rent.
Instructions for paying the rent
You can choose to make an international bank transfer or use Transfermate, an online money transfer service. All the information you need for the payment is provided on a separate rent payment form (attachment) that will be sent to you after signing the tenancy agreement.
International bank transfer
Please use the details provided on the rent payment form. If you are unsure how to make the payment please ask your bank office for assistance.
Online money transfer via Transfermate
- Recommended if you’re coming from outside the SEPA region (www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/integration/retail/sepa/html/index.en.html).
- Go to: www.psoas.transfermateeducation.com
- Fill out all the payment details
- Rent cannot be paid in cash or by credit card at PSOAS office
- Rent cannot be paid at R-kioski
- Rent cannot be deducted from the deposit
PSOAS bank accounts
|BANK’s name||IBAN (account number)||BIC|
|Oulun Osuuspankki||FI15 5741 3620 0685 41||OKOYFIHH|
|Danske Bank||FI32 8000 1500 9075 72||DABAFIHH|
|Handelsbanken||FI89 3131 3001 1378 01||HANDFIHH|
|Nordea||FI41 1585 3000 0198 64||NDEAFIHH|
Use reference number
Please use your personal rent reference number provided on the rent payment form when paying! Using the reference number is crucial for registration of payments. Please notice that the rent reference number is different than the reference for the deposit. The reference number is person- and apartment-specific and it prevents errors. If you do not use the right reference number or inadvertently leave it out, your payment cannot be identified. As a result, we think you have not paid your rent.
- You’ll find the reference number on the bottom of the bill.
- If you cannot for some reason use the reference number please write it in the message field.
- If someone else pays the rent on your behalf, they must use your reference number.
- If you do not use the right reference number or inadvertently leave it out, your payment cannot be identified. As a result, we think you have not paid your rent.
If the tenancy agreement is made together with a friend or a spouse, you have a joint responsibility for paying the rent, until one or both of you leave a cancellation of the tenancy agreement.
Please notice that PSOAS does not send any confirmations about received rent payments and doesn’t need any receipts of them unless requested. As long as you use your personal reference number, the payment will register automatically. If you are ever unsure if the rent payment has arrived, you may ask us to check of course.
Kela will process the matters concerning students’ housing benefits and allowances. For more information visit Kela’s office at Sepänkatu 18 or www.kela.fi.
Problems with paying the rent?
If you are unable to pay your rent in time, please contact us.